Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Takeaways from TedxHalifax

Last Friday, I spent the day at the TedxHalifax event of TedxNovaScotia. It was a fully loaded and truly eclectic day. I don’t even know how I would begin to summarize the day, so I submit to you tidbits of notes and thoughts I had over the course of the day. Enjoy
  • Make your own granola bars
  • Bring more balance to your life – but it doesn’t have to happen in one day
  • Must-have for next Ideas Fest: a big screen updated with tweets of the event
  • Become native to a place (i.e. learn about plants and trees)
  • Invest in hay
  • Listen to more Jenn Grant
  • Let your light shine like Ben Caplan
  • Learn about seasonal cooking
  • “Make your fridge reflect your core values”, i.e. eat cows that have a view.
  • Community is about safe space
  • Take the Woodside Ferry more often, and sit on the top deck
Not bad for a Friday, eh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment