Monday, May 30, 2011

Long time, no post

This is the beginning of week four for me of my full time employment with 21inc for the summer. I have been quite neglectful in updating the blog (oops) but this is my attempt at change. I'm just going to write a bit about what I've been up to in my exciting first weeks here

For the most part I've been working on our first newsletter. I have put much of my time and effort into it, so I'm looking forward to it getting out there. It's definitely awesome (if I do say so myself.)

During my first full week, Bill Clinton came to Fredericton and spoke at the UNB Aitken Centre with Frank McKenna. Tim managed to get some tickets, so I was able to go (along with a number of 21inc Alumni) which was really cool. The talk itself was great, it was definitely funnier than I was expecting it to be.

Afterwards, 21inc and the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce hosted an event at the Windsor Castle Bar, titled 'Dissecting Clinton.' Margaret Conrad, Michael Maynard and Larry Sampson all spoke for a few minutes on what they thought of Clinton's talk, and then attendees spoke about what they thought. It was all really interesting conversation and definitely got some wheels turning. Afterwards I conducted some interviews, which will become a webisode to be released in the future. I also took some pictures, which you can see here.

The webisodes aspect is definitely one of my favourite parts of this job. I really like everything about it, aside from maybe approaching people. I'm a little shy - But if you think about it, what's the worst thing someone's going to do? Say no? So that part gets easier every time. Aside from that, I get to go to interesting events and talk to people about what they thought, which is always nice. The part that I find really interesting is threading together all these interviews - people's thoughts - into one coherent train of thought that spans a number of people. It's definitely very fun for me.

The following week, we took a trip to Halifax, which was fun. It was sunny for the first day in a few weeks, and it was nice. I got to go to Julien's Bakery which was awesome (I had a bagel with chive cream cheese.) and we took a visit to The Hub which is a cool place.

That covers my first two weeks, so I'll leave it at that for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment